Monday, October 23, 2017
- Any students interested in the Ski and Snowboard Club: Mr. Wenzel will be in the building Monday Oct 23 through Friday Oct 27 from 7 AM- 7:30 AM. If you wish to participate in the club be sure to sign up near the Main Office.
- All 7th and 8th grade students interested in playing Freshman or JV Winter Sports must report to NFA Main Campus, Academy Field, on Wednesday, Nov 1 and Thursday, Nov 2 at 4pm. Please report to Coach Toback with your yellow clearance medical slip for Advanced Placement Process Testing. Tryouts for winter sports will be held on Nov 7. Any student that does not report to APP testing will not be allowed to play Freshman or JV Winter Sports but may still try out for Modified Sports. No student will be admitted into testing without a yellow slip.
- Any Girls interested in Indoor Track, their will be an informational meeting on Thursday, October 19 at 3:30 pm in the NFA Main Campus Lecture Hall. Any questions, pleas contact Coach Workman at email@example.com.
- Band Students: Please see Mr. Hickey in Music Room 1 for copies of the lesson groups and lesson schedules. this information will be posted on the bulletin board near MR 1 as well. Lessons will be on B, D, F, days, commencing October 24. Mr. Hickey looks forward to seeing 7th & 8th grade Flutes Period 1 and 7th Grade Clarinets and Bass Clarinet Period 6.
- The HMS Yearbook invites you to join our Yearbook Club this year! All students who are interested in becoming a member should pick up an application outside of Mrs. Mejias' classroom in room 105. Please be sure to complete all parts of the form by October 10th. We look forward to meeting you!
- Girls to Ladies will hold their first meeting this Thursday, Oct. 26 after school. Come to find out more about being part of something special! See Mrs. Martini for more information.
- Girls to Ladies is sponsoring a coat drive to help keep our community warm this winter. Please drop off any coats in the box in the Main Lobby. Thank you for your support!
- 6th and 7th graders, HMS shirts and hoodies are in! Please stop by Mr. Olsen's room anytime during periods 1,2,3 or 6,7,8 any day this week or next to pick up your HMS gear!
.NFA Football Games- No attendance without a parent/guardian.
A LOOK AHEAD........................
Picture Re-Take Day
Friday, November 17th
This date is for students who were absent during Picture Day or who would like to have a re-take done.
- If you are getting a re-take done, please bring your original picture packet with you to hand to the photographer.
- If you are ordering for the first time, please complete a picture day order form and submit it to the photographer. Picture day order forms are available in our Main Office.
- Payment can be made by cash or check made payable to Lifetouch or they can be ordered on line at:mylifetouch.com and use picture day ID number R1297007Q0
RALLY FOR RYAN
RUN TO THE MOUND
SATURDAY, OCT. 28TH
9:00 AM SHARP
Recently, Ryan Danyluk, 16, an NFA senior and pitcher for the Goldback's Varsity baseball team has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma, the most advance form of lymphoma. Please join us in supporting this young man's courageous fight. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Danyluk family. Together we can knock this out of the park!
The race will begin at the Town of Newburgh Little League Field, 537 Lakeside Road, Newburgh. Applications can be picked up in the Main Office.
- New Windsor Basketball League is offering their program from Dec. 4 to Feb. 15 at the Stewart Gym, 323 Sue Kelly Avenue. For information please call 917-659-5971.
- Champion Youth is offering Hip-Hop Dance classes for youth, ages 6-13 at their Trinity United Methodist Church location, 1 Owens Road, Newburgh, NY. For more information please call 800-956-6956.
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh (285 Liberty Street), is offering their Afterschool Project program. The program is open to all NECSD youth in grades 6-8 and will run Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm. You may download an application on-line or pick-up an application at the Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh. www.bgcnny.org / 845-561-4936
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh is offering their Basketball Skills Academy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for students in grades K through 12. Please pick up an application at Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh, 285 Liberty Street, or visit www.bgcnny.org or contact 845-561-4936.