Monday, April 23, 2018
- Seventies Jive rehearsal today after school.
There will be a mandatory meeting for all National Junior Honor Society students on Tuesday, April 24th. Please see Mrs. Lapierre for any questions or concerns.
- Tryouts for 7th and 8th grade modified baseball will begin on Thursday, April 12th from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm on the Gidney Avenue field.
- Modified Boys Baseball players for practice should report to the Cafeteria to sign in and wait for security to bring you to the gym.
Any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in trying out for Modified Softball, tryouts will be Monday, March 12 at 4pm at South Middle School.
Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in Modified Track, there will be an informational meeting on Monday, March 12 at 3:30 pm at Temple Hill School. Tryouts are immediately following the meeting. You must have your yellow medical clearance slip to try out. There will be no transportation home so please make arrangements.
Boys Modified Lacrosse tryouts will be on Wednesday, March 14 at 3:30 pm at NFA Main Campus on Academy Field, however, if there is snow on the field you will report to Cafeteria C.
Girls Modified Lacrosse tryouts have been postponed until further notice.
All National Junior H.S. students need to touch base with Mrs. Lapierre today or Friday. All field trip permission slips and money are due tomorrow. See Mrs. Lapierre if you have any questions.
Summer Youth Employment applications are available in the Guidance Office for students who will turn 14 before June 1, 2018. If you are interested please stop by and pick one up.
- Paperwork for spring sports is now available in the Health Office. Any 7th or 8th grade student who wishes to participate in a spring sport needs to stop by the health office during lunch or a free period for the packet
"PLEASE SUPPORT PENNIES FOR PATIENTS!"
Heritage Middle School students will be taking part in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Pennies for Patients program from April 9th-April 27th.
During this program students will collect money to support LLS's mission: to find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. Students will learn about service, leadership, philanthropy and how they can make a difference by changing patients' lives.
Heritage Middle School has its own online giving page that students, parents and faculty can share with friends and family:
Thank you in advance for helping LLS to create a world without blood cancers!
For more information on the Pennies for Patients program visit http://www.studentseries.org/CTWHV
- Heritage Yearbooks are on sale! There is an early bird discount until December 22 - Order for $20.00 online at YBPay.lifetouch.com with code 5056418. You can also complete an order form and pay by cash or check payable to NECSD. Order forms can be picked up in the Main Office.
- Heritage Middle School H.O.P.E. group would like to thank everyone for their generous donations to the H.O.P.E. Group! They are about to make one of their biggest and best donations ever after return from break! Let's collect even more! Go Heritage, your kindness shows!
A LOOK AHEAD........................
Friday, May 4, 7 PM
Saturday, May 5, 2 PM
$8.00 Regular Admission
$5.00 Senior/Student Admission
Ticket purchases are at the door on the day of the show
3rd Annual Heritage 5K
May 19, 2018
Heritage Middle School
Cost is just 10.00 for all NECSD and Heritage students.
Registration forms will be available Monday, April 16th.
Get ready-It's going to be great!
- Newburgh Youth Goldbacks Football & Cheer Online Registration is now available at www.goldbacksyouthfootball.org
Please ask your gym teacher for an informational flyer
Champion Youth is offering their Hip-Hop Dance classes beginning April 18 and Cheerleading beginning April 19. For more information please see your Physical Education teacher for a flyer or contact 800-956-6956.
- Newburgh Cal Ripken Babe Ruth Baseball Clinic's Spring 2018 registration is now open. Children must be between the ages of 4 and 18 and must reside in Newburgh, Cornwall or Washingtonville school districts. Register online at www.NewburghCalRipken.com. Clinics begin on Saturday, January 13 from 12 PM to 2 PM at Grace Methodist Church, 264 Broadway, Newburgh.
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh (285 Liberty Street), is offering their Afterschool Project program. The program is open to all NECSD youth in grades 6-8 and will run Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm. You may download an application on-line or pick-up an application at the Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh. www.bgcnny.org / 845-561-4936
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh is offering their Basketball Skills Academy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for students in grades K through 12. Please pick up an application at Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh, 285 Liberty Street, or visit www.bgcnny.org or contact 845-561-4936.