Friday, November 17, 2017
- Girls Modified Basketball tryout today from 3:30 pm to 5 pm. Parents must be on time for pick up at 5 pm. Players should report to the gym after school.
- 8th grade students interested in becoming part of the HMS Student Government, or would like more information about it, please stop by Ms. Coopersmith's classroom, 401, sometime before dismissal this Friday.
- 7th and 8th grade Modified Wrestling information meeting that was to be held November 6 is changed to Thursday, November 9 at 4:00 pm in the NFA Lecture room. You must have a ride home after the meeting. Tryouts will begin Monday, November 13 at Temple Hill Academy from 3:30-5:30 pm and will continue through Wednesday, November 16th. All students trying out must have their Yellow Medical Clearance Slip in order to tryout. You must have a ride home after tryouts.
- Paperwork for winter sports will be available in the Health Office during lunch and free periods.
- Applications are now available for Newburgh's "Future Stars" wrestling program. Students in 3rd-6th grade may sign up. Learn how to wrestle and participate in tournaments against opponents your own size. First session is Thursday, Nov. 9. Only 35 members will be accepted into the program. Please see your gym teacher for an application.
- Ski and Snowboard Club: All transportation checks for Ski and Snowboard Club must be returned to Mr. Evans or Mr. Wenzel by November 10th. If your transportation check is not received by then you will not participate with the Ski and Snowboard Club.
- All 7th and 8th grade students interested in playing Freshman or JV Winter Sports must report to NFA Main Campus, Academy Field, on Wednesday, Nov 1 and Thursday, Nov 2 at 4pm. Please report to Coach Toback with your yellow clearance medical slip for Advanced Placement Process Testing. Tryouts for winter sports will be held on Nov 7. Any student that does not report to APP testing will not be allowed to play Freshman or JV Winter Sports but may still try out for Modified Sports. No student will be admitted into testing without a yellow slip.
- The HMS Yearbook invites you to join our Yearbook Club this year! All students who are interested in becoming a member should pick up an application outside of Mrs. Mejias' classroom in room 105. Please be sure to complete all parts of the form by October 10th. We look forward to meeting you!
- Girls to Ladies would like to thank everyone who donated to their coat drive! If you still would like to donate please see Ms. Martini. Thank you for your support!
- 6th and 7th graders, HMS shirts and hoodies are in! Please stop by Mr. Olsen's room anytime during periods 1,2,3 or 6,7,8 any day this week or next to pick up your HMS gear!
- Heritage Middle School H.O.P.E. group would like to invite students and staff to bring fresh, warm clothes & canned goods to room 315. They need all they can get! Feel good and be a part of H.O.P.E!
.NFA Football Games- No attendance without a parent/guardian.
A LOOK AHEAD........................
Picture Re-Take Day
Friday, November 17th
This date is for students who were absent during Picture Day or who would like to have a re-take done.
- If you are getting a re-take done, please bring your original picture packet with you to hand to the photographer.
- If you are ordering for the first time, please complete a picture day order form and submit it to the photographer. Picture day order forms are available in our Main Office.
- Payment can be made by cash or check made payable to Lifetouch or they can be ordered on line at:mylifetouch.com and use picture day ID number R1297007Q0
Heritage 6th Grade Open House
(For incoming 5th grade students)
Thursday, November 30, 2017
6 PM - 7:30 PM
Monday, December 11, 2017
HMS Media Center
Winter Holiday Band Concert
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- New Windsor Basketball League is offering their program from Dec. 4 to Feb. 15 at the Stewart Gym, 323 Sue Kelly Avenue. For information please call 917-659-5971.
- Champion Youth is offering Hip-Hop Dance classes for youth, ages 6-13 at their Trinity United Methodist Church location, 1 Owens Road, Newburgh, NY. For more information please call 800-956-6956.
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh (285 Liberty Street), is offering their Afterschool Project program. The program is open to all NECSD youth in grades 6-8 and will run Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm. You may download an application on-line or pick-up an application at the Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh. www.bgcnny.org / 845-561-4936
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh is offering their Basketball Skills Academy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for students in grades K through 12. Please pick up an application at Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh, 285 Liberty Street, or visit www.bgcnny.org or contact 845-561-4936.