Unlimited Horizons Expectations
Welcome to Unlimited Horizons where students excel in all academic areas. Now that your child has been accepted into the program he/she must continue to consistently meet the programs behavioral and academic expectations.
Unlimited Horizons students actively display self-motivation,leadership ability and the potential for exceptional intellectual and creative output.Parental support and working together is essential to assist students in their success.
The five goals of the program are:
- To ensure that gifted students can develop skills and knowledge to be successful in the 21st Specifically: higher order/critical thinking, problem solving ability and technological curiosity.
- To foster intellectual potential of Unlimited students by encouraging a growth
- To address the social and emotional concerns of gifted students by providing opportunities for positive relationships and group experiences with intellectual
- To offer a classroom environment of intellectual safety where risk-taking and divergent thinking are supported.
- To celebrate diverse and unique
Students and parents/guardians should be cognizant of the fact that there are limited number of seats available for the program.The minimum amount of students in a class should be no less than 15 students.Continuous enrollment in the program is dependent upon maintaining minimum levels of academic achievement as follows:
- Students must complete and submit all course assignments,making every effort to do their best work on a
- They must consistently earn 3s or
- Students must consistently seek to achieve above and beyond
These academic achievements will be monitored frequently to ensure success. If and when these minimum levels are not met, the following will occur:
- In the unlikely event that a failing trimester grade is achieved(below a 2), a parent meeting will be held and a
possible recommendation for reassignment to a less rigorous setting will be made.
- If during the second trimester your child’s grade does not improve to the program’s expectation, a parent meeting will be held and your child might be reassigned to a less rigorous
- In the event that a student does exit the Unlimited Horizons Program,re-entrance may be considered the following year if superior achievement is exhibited in a general education