Food Services Department
The Food Service Program makes every effort to offer nutritionally sound and balanced meals at a lower price than any school district in the area. Four menus are planned each month to meet the needs and tastes of growing children. (Pre-K, elementary, middle, high school)
My School Bucks
With current national attention being focused on children's health and wellness issues, The Newburgh Enlarged City School District's Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child's school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child's account balance through a web site called MySchoolBucks.com. By having money in each child's account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster so your child has more time to eat and be with friends.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- Payments are generally processed by PayPal within 24 hours. However, if the payment option selected is an eCheck, processing can take anywhere from 4 to 7 business days. If you opt to pay via eCheck, please allow a minimum lead time of one week before the funds are made available in your child's account.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction. The Newburgh Enlarged City School District will not profit from the use of this site.
- We are very excited to offer these services, and are confident this new system will benefit you, your child and our District. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to The Newburgh Enlarged City School District Food Service Program. Please write your child's full name on the check.
Contact Food Services
Caitlin Lazarski, Food Services Director
Phone: (845) 563-3424
Fax: (845) 563-3439
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students
Breakfast and Lunch is available free of charge for all students in the district.
Students in the Newburgh Enlarged City School District will begin the 2016-2017 school year on the right track with free nutritious meals in school. Beginning in September, the NECSD will be moving to district-wide Community Eligibility. The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) provides an opportunity for districts in high poverty areas to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students without the encumbrance of collecting and processing school meal applications for free and reduced price meals. In addition, Community Eligibility allows families to reallocate the money previously used for the lunch program back into supporting their household.