Temple Hill 8th Graders Learn the Importance of College Preparedness
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, Mr. Steven Posada, Admissions Counselor from Dutchess Community College presented to the 8th grade students on the importance of preparing for college and your future. Mr. Posada provided the students with a Middle School Student's Planning Guide.
In addition, Mr. Posada introduced "Nine Steps to a Successful Future":
1. Read! Read! Read!
2. Take school seriously
3. Get a job
4. Talk to your parents/family about you going to college
5. Think about careers/majors/jobs that might interest you
6. Get involved in extracurricular activities
7. Volunteer your time to help people in your community
8. Spend time on college campuses
9. Stay off drugs and out
The presentation was well received and the students walked away with relevant and valuable information as they transition to Newburgh Free Academy.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Strategist, Cassie Sklarz (email@example.com). We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!