ATHLETICS (update 2/22/2021):
Please be advised that the winter high-risk practices scheduled for the week of February 22, 2021, will be postponed. Once more information is received about winter high-risk practices you will be informed. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
ATHLETICS UPDATE (updated 2/5/2021):
Governor Cuomo and the Orange County Department of Health has approved high-risk sports to commence starting February 1, 2021. These sports include:
The Board of Education voted on High-Risk sports for the Winter Season at a Special Meeting, held on Thursday, February 4th. That meeting can be viewed on the District YouTube channel.
The Orange County Department of Health is requiring a number of steps that must occur to allow high risk sports to begin. These include:
- A school board resolution or the written consent of the School Superintendent/President will be needed detailing:
- which sports will be permitted to be played
- which grades will be permitted to play.
- Medical clearance for student-athletes will be required (school medical staff may provide such clearance)
- Parents/guardians must give their informed, written consent for the NECSD code of conduct that can be found in Family ID
- The school district must retain the original Code of Conduct or a computer-scanned version of the same and produce the same upon the request of the Commissioner of Health of any such
Additionally, the Orange County DOH indicates:
- High-risk school sports may be suspended if the local 7- day percent positivity rolling average exceeds the State average.
As a result of this, these sports will begin off-season style workouts where there will be no sharing of equipment and no full-contact sports until all requirements are met.
Family ID is open for Fall II sports on 1/31/21. Parents and athletes need to register as soon as possible if they are interested in trying out for these sports. Fall II sports include: Soccer (boys and girls), Cross Country (girls and boys), Football, Volleyball, Girls Swimming, Girls Tennis, and Cheerleading.
Low to Moderate Risk sports will be resuming on January 19, 2021. Please see below the approved sports to resume on that date.
- Boys and Girls Indoor Track & Field
- Boys Swimming & Diving
- Bowling (Will resume 1/25. Please contact coach with questions).
Important notes and protocols to remember and to be followed when sports begin on January 19, 2021:
- The APP Test for Winter Sports will be given on Thursday January 21, 2021 @ 3:30 PM on the NFA Main Track. Screening for the APP test will take place promptly at 3:30 PM by Boys Gym (weight room--outside entrance in back of school.) Please fill out the proper paperwork prior to participation. Recommendations should be made by your coaches. Contact your school’s health office for more information.
- All practices will be held outdoors unless approved by the Athletic Director.
- Practices will be 1.5 hours: from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM.
- “Face covering” protocol will be enforced at all times.
- COVID screening will be done between 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM ONLY. Nobody will be screened after 3:00 PM. All student athletes must enter and exit ONLY at the locations provided. NO EXCEPTIONS. Practices will be held from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM.
Note: There will be no practices on Wednesdays. Practices will only be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
COVID screening questionnaire can be accessed here. Student-athletes must be signed into their school emails to access.
Below you will find practice location areas and COVID screening locations.
BUILDING ENTRY & COVID SCREENING
NFA Main Campus
Boys Indoor Track
Boys Gym (weight room outside entrance)
NFA Main Campus
Girls Indoor Track
Girls Gym (South St. side back entrance)
Pat Tarsio Lanes
Pat Tarsio Lanes
Marlboro High School pool
On South St. by bus
HIGH RISK SPORTS AND WORKOUTS WILL BE POSTPONED AS WE ARE STILL WAITING ON APPROVAL BY NEW YORK STATE GOVERNOR. ONCE UPDATES ARE RECEIVED, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED.
Welcome to the Newburgh Goldbacks Athletic Department webpage. On this page you will find athletic schedules, latest news, forms, the athletic handbook, and more. Take time to explore our site and if you have any questions or would like to see anything else added to this page, please feel free to contact the webmaster.
|WINTER SPORTS 2020-2021||LEVEL||COACHES & ID|
|Basketball Boys||V||Frank Dinnocenziofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Basketball Boys||V - Asst||Jason McAllister Jr.||email@example.com|
|Basketball Boys||JV||Mike Robinsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Basketball Boys||FR - Head||TBD|
|Basketball Girls||V||Arturo Santanaemail@example.com|
|Basketball Girls||V - Asst||Bruce Chapinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Basketball Girls||JV||Rachel Gammaemail@example.com|
|Cheerleading||V - Asst||Lauren Skinnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indoor Track Boys||V - Head||Malcolm Burksemail@example.com|
|Indoor Track Boys||V - Asst||TBD|
|Indoor Track Girls||V||Kathi Workmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indoor Track Girls||V - Asst||Briana Walshemail@example.com|
|Swim & Dive Boys||V||Zachary Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Swim & Dive Boys||V - Asst||Dave Doulinemail@example.com|
|Wrestling||V - Asst.||William Parksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bowling||V - Asst.||Jim Hortonemail@example.com|
|WINTER MODIFIED SPORTS||LEVEL||COACHES & ID|
|Basketball Boys||M Blue||Andrew Velez|
|Basketball Boys||M Gold||TBD|
|Basketball Girls||M Blue||TBD|
Athletics Facebook Account
Viisit the Athletics Facebook Page for the latest news and happenings at https://www.facebook.com/NewburghGoldbacks/
Howard Harrison, Athletics Director
Phone: (845) 563-5420
Fax: (845) 563-5463
Forms and Documents
Fall Registration for Varsity, JV and Freshman sports will open on July 19
Modified sports will open on August 9-All modified athletes must register under their home school even if you are trying to play up.
Athletic Student Handbook (Revised Fall 2020)
The handbook contains all information student athletes need to know about the district's athletic program. It also includes an Acknowledgement Form for students and parents to sign.
APP Testing Forms Packet
Contains Preparticipation/Athletic Health History, Interval Health History, and Student Health Examination
Athletic Placement Process
Health Appraisal Form
Athletic Forms and Info
Concussion Management Policy
Concussion Test Form
Accident Report Form
Student Accident Claim Form
Health Appraisal & Preparticipation History
Interval Health History
Student Health Examination