NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
Balmville Fifth Graders Graduate from D.A.R.E.
On Monday, May 20, Balmville Fifth Graders Graduated from the D.A.R.E. Program
The Balmville D.A.R.E. program is in partnership with the Town of Newburgh Police Department and D.A.R.E Instructor, Officer Katherine Otero.
Special awards were given to three essay winners: Belicia Woods, Alisa Pillitteri, Arlowe Schults as well as School Essay winner Crystal Ramos.
The three D.A.R.E Good Citizen awards were given to: Benjamin Booth, Firdes Kaba and Caitlin Bunten.
A Scholarship from the Orange County Youth Bureau to attend the Summer Junior Police Academy was given to: Anneliese Vargas.
Congratulations to all of the fifth graders who accepted their certificates for completing the program.
D.A.R.E. has taught your child:
- Acting responsibly
- Being a good citizen
- Being courteous & respectful
- Exercising self-control
- Good decision-making practices
- Facts and Health effects of drugs, alcohol and tobacco
- Risks and consequences
- Peer pressure
- Dealing with stress
- Confident communication
- Effective listening skills
- Non-verbal communication
- Identifying trusted adults to go to for advice
- Helping others
- Identifying their individual support network
- Obtaining help when needed
Special thanks were given to the following:
- Newburgh Town Board: Supervisor Gil Piaquadio, Councilman Jim Presutti, Paul Ruggiero, Scott Manley, and Councilwoman Greene.
- Fifth grade teachers: Mr. Conti, Mrs. Apuzzo, Mrs. Crozzoli, and Mrs. D’Amico
- Town of Newburgh Police Chief Donals Campbell, Lt., James Nenni, Lt. Robert Desaye, Lt. Peter Talarico
- Orange County Youth Bureau
- Balmville PTA
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Strategist, Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!