NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
When to Stay Home from School & When to Return to School After Illness
When to stay home from school:
I NEED TO STAY HOME WHEN:
- I have a fever (100.4 or higher)
- I am vomiting (In the last 24 hours)
- I have diarrhea (in the last 24 hours)
- I have wheezing/cough
(that disrupts normal activity or can’t be silenced)
- I have yellow or green drainage from my eyes
When to return to school:
I CAN RETURN TO SCHOOL IF:
- Fever free for 24 hours
- Free from vomiting & diarrhea for at least 24 hours
- Evaluated by my Doctor & given a note to return to school (when necessary)
Your cell phone and email addresses can be updated through your Parent Portal account or by contacting Registration@necsd.net.
Contact your School Nurse with any questions on whether your child can or cannot attend school.
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Amanda McDowell (email@example.com) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org).