NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
A Final Walk Across Academy Field questionnaire
Hello Future NFA Graduates!
As the school year and your academic career at Newburgh Free Academy comes to a close, we have all been faced with many different challenges and situations. No one group of students has been affected more than all of you, our graduating Seniors.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to give you a traditional Graduation Ceremony. However, we do want to give you the chance to walk on Academy Field in your cap and gown and cross the stage as your name called for all in the City of Newburgh to hear. We hope that having your family and friends on the field to capture this important moment of your life will bring happiness and joy.
This is how we created “A Final Walk Across Academy Field.”
We are restricted by NYS Guidance on crowd size and social distancing, as per Executive Orders from Governor Cuomo on June 7, 2020, limiting the number of persons allowed in an area. We have structured a plan for small groups of students and their families to come down to the field and be part of the pomp and circumstance of this event.
You will need to fill out this questionnaire, indicating the timeframe you wish to participate (Morning, Afternoon or Evening). You will then be assigned a specific 15 minute block of time to come to school on June 29th (rain date, June 30th).
The deadline to sign up for a time frame is Friday, June 12 at 6pm. Once a time frame is filled, we will remove it from the choices. Specific times and your Field Passes will be given to you on Thursday, June 18th, when you pick up your cap and gown.
Please remember a virtual Class of 2020 recognition, complete with speeches from our Valedictorian and Salutatorian, as well as Superintendent Dr. Padilla and featuring The Newburgh Free Academy Madrigals singing our School and Senior Song will be shared on the district website and social media pages on Thursday, June 25th at 6pm.
Here are the details of One Last Walk Across Academy Field:
- Seniors must arrive dressed in their cap and gown
- Seniors and their four (4) guests should park in the Senior parking lot by entering from Gidney Avenue. Everyone will enter Academy Field from the back of the West Wing. There will be no access to Academy Field from South Street.
- Based on your completed questionnaire, seniors will receive a time to arrive for their recognition. Please do your best to arrive exactly on time.
- Timing is critical to this event. You will only be admitted to Academy Field at the time you are scheduled. We can not allow persons to enter early.
- Students must have purchased their Cap and Gown prior to the event. As per NYS guidance, there will be no Cap and Gown sales on June 29th.
- There will be no visitors allowed in the stands or on South Street.
- Seniors will receive information about picking up their diploma in late August. This is a standard practice. Students who need diploma completion verification should contact their guidance counselor for a copy of their transcript.
- Seniors will receive their four (4) Field Passes when they pick up their cap and gown on Thursday, June 18th at NFA Main
- No additional Field Passes will be given, access to the Field will be denied at the entrance for any groups over the limit. Please note, graduates dressed in the regalia who arrive at their designated time do not need a pass to enter the field
Social distancing and mask requirements:
- All graduates and guests will be required to wear a mask while on school grounds. Masks can be removed for photos and must be put back on immediately following photos
- Six (6) feet of social distancing will be required between your group and other groups
- Per NYS guidance, children under the age of two years old do not need to wear a mask
Guidance issued by the NYS Department of Health on June 4, 2020 will be followed. To view that guidance, please click here.
A Final Walk Across Academy Field questionnaire should be completed by all graduating seniors who wish to participate. Seniors and their families should discuss the best time frame for them before the senior fills out the questionnaire.
Specific questions should be directed to emailed to your cohort assistant principal. For general questions, please email Communications@necsd.net.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Strategist, Cassie Sklarz (email@example.com). We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!