NFA Debate Team to Host Informational Meeting
NFA Debate Team President, Robert Morabito and Vice President, Jacob Tigar will be hosting an informational meeting for those interested in joining the NFA Debate team. More information about the meeting goals and NFA Debate Team can be found below. Those interested in learning more details about the upcoming informational meeting and the NFA Debate Team should email DebateNFA@gmail.com.
The NFA Debate Team is advised by Mr. Matthew Brown.
Upcoming Informational meeting goals and information about the NFA Debate Team:
- The initial informational meeting will include a discussion of debate format, introductory debate terminology and technicality, and opportunities in Speech and Debate.
- This year's Council is introducing a new structure to debate: there will be two meetings a week when school resumes. There will also be virtual meetings to learn about debate and establish objectives for the upcoming year; these meetings will have a tentative schedule after the initial informational meeting.
- The meetings will be separated into a Student Team to learn from the Executive Members of the Council and a Tournament Team that will include experienced debaters that will compete on the National Circuit and will welcome Student Team members to join as they learn more about the art of debate.
- The Student Team will attend local circuit tournaments and selected members from this team will observe the seminars and mock debates of the Tournament Team preparing for larger competitions.
- The Student Team is recommended for Debate Novices and Rising Freshman and Sophomores.
- The goal of the Student Team is to be a member of the Tournament Team.
- The Student Team will be instructed, witness mock debates, and will allow members to learn in any fashion that they require to become better debaters.
- The ultimate goal of the unified NFA Debate Team is to learn more about how the art of argumentation works in daily life and apply this to the tournaments we attend to win and make Newburgh proud!
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Amanda McDowell (email@example.com) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org).