New Windsor School Clintonian Awards Recipients
The Clintonian Society is named in honor of the Clinton family of New Windsor, dating back to the Revolutionary War era. Membership in this society is based on scholarship, character, leadership, citizenship, and service. Only students from grades 4 and 5 who are in excellent academic standing and have been exemplars as to the society’s ideals are eligible for induction.
The purpose of the Clintonian Society shall be to create an enthusiasm for superior scholarship, develop citizenship, and stimulate a desire to serve, promote leadership, and instill exemplary qualities of character. A brief overview of the characteristics and ideals of Clintonian Scholars are listed below:
- Scholarship means a commitment to learning and striving to always do your best. All inductees have shown excellence in academics and have demonstrated a commitment to their education.
- Citizenship is vital to the strength of our country. It requires effort and commitment. Without it, there would be a lack of democracy. In the words of the late President John F. Kennedy, “Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.” It is the willingness of each person to participate responsibly in our nation’s affairs that govern America.
- Service can be expressed in various ways. In the routine of the day’s work, many opportunities arise to help others. Willingness to work without monetary compensation or without recognition for the benefit of those in need is the quality sought in membership to the Clintonian Society. Service is committed to the idea of volunteering time to the creation of a better tomorrow.
- Leadership exerts a wholesome influence on the school. In taking the initiative in class and school activities, the real leader strives to train and aid others to attain the same objective. Leadership is always needed. You are charged with exerting leadership for the betterment of our school and society.
- Character is achieved and not received. It is the product of constant action, daily striving to make the right choice, and exert self-control. We must be, in reality, what we wish to appear to others. By demonstrating such qualities as reliability, honesty, and sincerity, we may hope to prove by example that we value character.
We kindly ask that inductees recite the following Clintonian Pledge with their families:
I pledge myself to uphold the ideals of
The New Windsor School Clintonian Society
To which I have been selected
I will strive in every way
By word and deed
To make its ideals
The ideals of my school
And of my life.
Congratulations to all of the New Windsor School Clintonian Award Recipients!
NEW WINDSOR SCHOOL 2021
CLINTONIAN AWARD RECIPIENTS
Noah Torres Smith
Ms. Kennedy / Mrs. Gordon
Raul X. Pelaez IV
Roma Pearson Gonzalez
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Strategist, Cassie Sklarz (email@example.com). We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!