Fostertown First Week Back Message from Acting Principal, Mrs. Mojica
September 13, 2021
Dear Fostertown Families,
I would like to take the time to formally introduce myself as Acting Principal of Fostertown School. I am honored and excited to have been selected to lead one of Newburgh Enlarged City District’s trailblazing elementary schools. As I transition into this position I understand the importance of working with staff, faculty, students and families to ensure a warm, safe, welcoming and successful school year.
First and foremost, I want to thank you for helping us have an amazing first two days of the 2021-22 school year! Our Fostertown staff and faculty have been working diligently to welcome back our young leaders, and look forward to having a safe, productive school year with engaging learning experiences that foster lifelong learners. We are extremely excited to have all of our students back in the building for in person learning. As I walked the building during our opening days, I was heartwarmed by the “noise” of learning and engaged students. I also commend each child for safely following COVID protocols and practicing regular handwashing and hand sanitizing.
Please review the following as support in continuing a successful school year:
- ALL students and adults entering Fostertown School MUST wear a mask. Masks MUST be worn at all times inside the building.
- Teachers will provide masks breaks throughout the day and when students are outside for recess
- Our school day is 9:15 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Drop offs begin at 9:05 am.
- Pickups are at 3:45 pm. Please be sure to have a photo government issued identification when picking up your child.
- If you are picking up your child and ARE NOT an every day pick please complete the dismissal change form found on our school website no later than 2:00 pm.
- For further guidance regarding Drop off and Pickup please refer to the Fostertown Walkers Guiding Document.
- Please review the Fostertown Parent Information Guide for more information about the 2021-22 school year. Also, please fill out the Family Contact Questionnaire if you have not done so already.
Thank you for your continued patience as our buses have experienced extreme delays. Please know that transportation is actively working with our bus companies to ensure our buses run smoothly and timely. We truly appreciate your support and understanding on this matter.
Mrs. Mojica, Acting Principal
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Strategist, Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!